A HUGE thank you to Connie at Welcome to first Grade Room 5 for bestowing the honor of...
on myself and my little blog. What a perfect way to start my week. If you haven't explored all the wonderful ideas at Welcome to First Grade Room 5, make sure you stop by Connie's blog. She's fantastic!
Now, here are the next steps:
1) Link back to those that nominated you and thank them (check)
2) Share 7 things about yourself
3) Pass the award on to 5 other blogs that you know and love
Okay, here are 7 tidbits about me.
- Teaching is a second (or third) career for me.
- One of my favorite places in the world is Keuka Lake in New York state where I vacation each summer with my extended family.
- We have a big sailboat. I can't sail but I am really good at reading and entertaining on our boat.
- I am widely known for my "underdog pushes" on the swings.
- My favorite candy is See's Toffee-ettes. I have no willpower when they are around.
- I love my girlfriends.
- I am not a neat person...I really wish I were!
Finally, here are 5 blogs that I think you should check out:
Crack of Dawn Crafts
(Cheryl is not a school teacher but she posts directions for making adorable finger puppets, seasonal crafts and birthday party ideas. What is really cool is she also writes about children's books that work well with her puppets...an inspiring blog!)
Forever in First
(Tammy is one of the nicest bloggers I've "met." I love the thoughtfulness of her Saturday Sayings)
(this is not a teaching blog but Debra does the coolest things with her kids)
Rainbows Within Reach
(Debbie always posts the greatest ideas that she finds at schools she visits as a performer and author)
(great photos and one of the first blogs I started stalking :)