I have really enjoyed reading about other bloggers who have linked up with Mrs. Lemons' linky party...so, I've finally decided to join the fun (better late than never:) Here goes:
1. I've been married for 26 years to a man I both love and respect. We have four children who are smart, kind and strong (in the stubborn sense:).
|Ed is still really cute:)|
|A couple of years ago we went skiing in Switzerland...actually my family went skiing in Switzerland. I don't like going fast, being out of control or being cold so I mainly read and ate very well.|
2. Teaching is my second (or third) career. I've also been a lawyer and a stay-at-home Mom.
|When my kids were little, I loved planning elaborate birthday parties and making themed Halloween costumes (until my kids vetoed them :)|
5. My whole family (my brother and sister and their kids and, until recently, my parents) always vacations at the cottage for the first 2 weeks of August. For MANY years my nieces and nephews only called me "Pretty, Pretty Princess" because I pretended I didn't like it and I would throw them in the lake if they called me that (I even remembered if they said it at Christmas and would throw them in the next summer as soon as they got off the plane from California) . It drove my sister crazy that her kids wouldn't call me anything else...so funny!
|This is actually part of the "Pretty Pretty Princess Dance" they composed one year:)|
6. We own a big sailboat that I will never learn to sail. My husband is a wonderful sailor and although I enjoy being on the boat, I always just tune him out when he starts explaining things. I really hope he never goes overboard because I would be in BIG trouble..."Mayday, Mayday!"
|I love when we get all 4 kids on the boat...it's not too often with their busy schedules.|
7. Our sailboat is named Lekker which means luscious in Dutch.
8. I belong to a tennis group that plays tennis once or twice a week and also frequently gets together for drinks and girls weekends. Although I have not played tennis for over 10 years (because I work when they play), I am still part of the group (I never miss the drinks or girls weekends :). I love these friends.
9. I think my greatest strengths are that I'm easy going and that I recognize and appreciate the many blessings in my life.